A winter break is a great opportunity to not only bring your nearest and dearest together but also to soak up the festive cheer somewhere different.
Snuggle up in these cosy cottages with open fires and wood burners for a magical winter escape and enjoy all the wonderful things to do in West Wales.
Cottages with open fires
1. Walney, Aberaeron, sleeps 4 + 2 🐕
This beautifully refurbished cottage, set in the heart of Aberaeron, offers a warm welcome. Step inside for stylish decor, cosy furnishings, a wood burner, and a fabulous social space, before moving outside for the private hot tub.
We love the bright and airy diner with wonderful views over the garden, perfect for gathering for a delicious dinner. Get cosy on winter nights and snuggle up in front of the wood burner together.
2. Chapel Tabernacle, Llechryd, sleeps 6 + 2 🐕
This stunning detached converted chapel overflows with warmth and welcomes you inside. Discover imaginative interiors and explore all that the Ceredigion coast has to offer.
Spend winter evenings admiring the beautiful stained glass, spectacular woodwork, and original ornate organ.
Book Chapel Tabernacle
3. Llwyngwinau Isaf Barn, Tregaron, sleeps 10 + 2 🐕
Relax and unwind in this beautiful detached converted barn nestled in a wonderfully peaceful setting.
Warm-up in the hot tub with uninterrupted views of the glorious Cors Caron National Nature Reserve. The warming space of this barn conversion offers plenty of character and attention to detail.
4. Estuary View House Gower, sleeps 8 + 1 🐕
Enjoy some quality time together this winter in this stylish property, with a spacious lounge that's ideal for relaxing in front of the wood burner, chatting the night away or watching your favourite movie together.
Float about on chilly evenings in the heated indoor swimming pool and sunken outdoor hot tub after a day exploring the Gower Peninsula Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Book Estuary View
5. The Contented Cottage Tenby, sleeps 8
Spend chilly evenings lighting the wood burner and basking in its warm glow in this contemporary cottage near beautiful seaside Tenby.
A real home from home, you’ll find everything you will need for a cosy break, with a contemporary interior mixed with some traditional fixtures.
Book The Contented
6. Seaesta Cottage Broad Haven Beach, sleeps 8
This exquisite property is just moments away from the golden sands of Broad Haven beach.
Relax by the wood burner after a day exploring the breathtaking coast. Lose yourselves in the magic of the night sky while you gaze up at the stars through the ceiling panel in one of the bedrooms of this enchanting holiday cottage.
Book Seaesta Cottage
Broad Haven Beach
7. Oak Tree House, Saundersfoot, sleeps 8 + 2 🐕
Retreat back to this impressive property after a bracing walk around the pretty harbour, village and beach in Saundersfoot.
This stylish holiday home is thoughtfully furnished with all the home comforts you could ever need. Cosy up on winter evenings and enjoy the vaulted ceilings, timber beams, and soothing ambience created by the crackling wood burner.
Book Oak Tree House
8. Marloes Court Farm, sleeps 6
Take in the breathtaking sea views from this character property that also offers access to the Pembrokeshire Coast Path straight from your doorstep.
Pick up essentials in the pretty village of Marloes before heading for spectacular Marloes Sands and then travelling back for a cosy winter evening, enjoying amazing views and a hearty meal made in the amazing farmhouse-style kitchen.
Book Marloes Court Farm
9. Maenilar, Pembrey, sleeps 4 + 2 🐕
This beautiful cottage is set within a private cul-de-sac close to a fantastic golf course.
Beautifully presented, this delightful detached property can be found in a sought-after destination adjacent to one of the finest Championship Links golf courses in Britain. Retreat back to the bright and welcoming cottage after a day on the course or exploring nearby Pembrey Country Park.
10. Number 1 St Anns Head Lighthouse, Dale, sleeps 6 + 2 🐕
Experience a truly unique stay in this former lighthouse keeper’s cottage. Take in the spectacular sea views and unrivalled comfort of this charming holiday home.
Visit delightful Dale with its wonderful water sports, amazing pub and restaurant before heading back to this lovingly refurbished holiday home. This property is welcoming from the moment you arrive, with its contemporary style and rustic effect. Enjoy the farmhouse-style kitchen, complete with warming Aga, and snuggle up in the lounge, complete with an open fire and comfortable sofas.
Book Number 1 St
Anns Head Lighthouse
🔥 Our other winter warmers
We just can’t stop there, we’ve got so many wonderfully warm and welcoming cottages for you to discover! Take a look at the best of the rest below.
- Nantgronw Cottage, Newcastle Emlyn - with roll-top bath and wood burner. Sleeps 2
- Horseshoe Hut, Freshwater East - with underfloor heating and wood burner. Sleeps 2
- Blaenffawydden Coch, Aberporth - beautifully restored and features a wood burner. Sleeps 7 + 2 🐕
- The Old Mill Llawhaden, Llawhaden - with riverside views and woodlands. Sleeps 8 + 2 🐕
- Pistyll Bach, Capel Isaac - with heated indoor pool. Sleeps 8 + 1 🐕
- Llety Wen, Narberth - with peaceful location and warming wood burner. Sleeps 2 + 2 🐕
- Aurora, Aberaeron - with wood-fired hot tub, hobbit house style, and wood burner. Sleeps 2
- St Davids Bijou Retreat, St Davids - with wooden beams and wood burner. Sleeps 2 + 1 🐕
- Westdown Cottage, Kidwelly - with original features and peaceful village setting. Sleeps 6
- China Cottage, Tenby - a delightful blend of original features and modern furnishings. Sleeps 7 + 2 🐕
Book your winter escape in West Wales
Fallen in love with one of these beautiful cottages for your winter break in West Wales? Get your holiday booked up soon, or if you are still searching for that perfect festive base, check out all our cosy Christmas cottages or book a fantastic New Year break in West Wales.
Book a cosy cottage
in West Wales
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.