Perfect for Valentines!
The tiny city of St. David’s is located on the north-western corner of Pembrokeshire and lays claim to being the smallest city in the UK. Steeped in history and having some of the most spectacular coastal scenery in Pembrokeshire, it is well worth a visit and you will find plenty to see and do.
St. David’s has a romantic quality about it, and what better place to enjoy a romantic meal for two in one of the many cafes, pubs and restaurants. There is a whole selection to choose from, but here is a list of just five to get you started:
1. Cwtch (Welsh for cuddle) is probably one of the best know restaurants in St. David’s. This award winning restaurant is perfect for a romantic meal for two, with its warm friendly service and cosy interior, the focus is on locally sourced seasonal produce and good honest home cooking. This is the perfect place for a romantic evening meal.
2. The Meadow– A cool cafe on the high street serving honest home-made breakfasts & lunches. This is a great place to watch the world go by and immerse yourself in the towns’ relaxed atmosphere. Check out the website to find out what’s showing at the monthly film night.
3. Café at Oriel y Parc – enjoy some time browsing around Oriel y Parc gallery which showcases the work of some of the best local artists and craft producers in Pembrokeshire, then settle down in the café to enjoy good coffee and cakes or a light lunch in friendly surroundings.
4. The Bishops – a friendly public house and restaurant right in the centre of St David’s serving regular bar meals as well as specials and seasonal seafood in the popular restaurant. An ideal place to enjoy a romantic meal after a day exploring the local area.
5. The Refectory at St David’s Cathedral – located in peaceful surroundings next to the Cathedral, this unique café/restaurant serves good wholesome food using fresh local produce and Fair Trade and organic ingredients. Their home-made quiche and rustic breads are just some of the items which make this a popular place for locals and visitors to enjoy good quality Pembrokeshire fare at its best.