Discover Walking Pembrokeshire
SEE THE BEST OF PEMBROKESHIRE – BUT SEE IT SAFELY
How we can help... At Discover Walking we teach you and your family how to walk safely and competently in the hills and along the coast of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
And better still, the skills you learn can be used to unlock any of the other outdoor areas throughout the UK for the rest of your life ….. we really are offering you a life changing skill.
We can teach you how to:
- Plan your own routes - so that you can achieve exactly what you want from every walk.
- Map read – so that you know exactly where you are at any time and know which way to go to get to where you want to be.
- Understand the impact of weather – so that you can plan accordingly and understand its impact on your walk.
- Wear the right clothing – so that you can keep warm or cool enough to suit you and always be comfortable.
- Deal with the unforeseen – so that, in the event of an accident or if you are lost, you know just what to do.
Choose what to carry in your rucksack – so that you have whatever spares and accessories you need to cope with any eventuality.
Flexibly and friendly... At Discover Walking flexibility comes as standard: we provide packages of skills that are tailored you your exact need. They can last a few hours or a few days according to what you want and how much or how little experience you might already have. We can teach you on a one-to-one basis if you wish or in small groups of never more than eight people. And we go as slowly as you like – after all this is all about you and your journey. That way you can maximize your enjoyment and benefit.
Where we are...We are based above the Gwaun Valley in the heart of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park and the rolling Preseli Hills, with their cultural and historic mysticism, provide the backdrop and playground in which we undertake our teaching. And we will throw in a load of interesting extra little facts about the Park and the history of the area while you are learning – and those come free of charge!
You’ll be in good hands... You will receive your training from Ian Pattinson: he is a Mountain Training qualified Hill and Moorland Leader, an Approved and Accredited Visit Wales Activity provider and a Pembrokeshire Tourism Ambassador.
SO WHAT SHOULD YOU DO NOW?
Call Ian or Carol on 01239 821631 to discuss your needs and to arrange some training.
Or email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information is also available at www.discoverwalkingpembrokeshire.co.uk