Southsea House is a superb Grade II listed town house originally of Georgian origins but then during the Victorian era the property was re-invented. Each room has been tastefully furnished and equipped by the current owners and the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner flows beautifully through the bi fold doors into the pretty raised terrace which backs on to the ancient town walls. Just yards from the Paragon beach and Esplanade overlooking South Beach. Take one of the many boat trips available from Tenby Harbour over to Caldey Island or perhaps a fishing trip around the bay may be of interest and catch your evening meal. A short stroll into the centre of town and enjoy the cafe culture, eat al fresco and watch the world go by, Tenby is a great location for enjoying all the fabulous sandy beaches and the great amentities Pembrokeshire has to offer. Highly recommended.
Holiday Accommodation Details
Sleeps 10 No Pets
Open plan lounge/dining/kitchen/breakfast room with bi fold doors to outside terrace with seating, TV/Freeview, Wi Fi, feature electric stove burner, large range with gas hob and electric oven, integrated microwave, large American style fridge/freezer with ice dispenser, two dishwashers. Snug with feature electric stove burner, TV and DVD. Stairs leading down to Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer. WC and whb. Stairs to first floor: Bedroom 1 with king-size bed and Z bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, WC, whb and heated towel rail. Bedroom 3 double bed with en suite bath/shower over. Stairs to second floor: Bedroom 4 with king-size bed and Z bed. Bedroom 5 with double bed. Shower room with WC, whb and heated towel rail. Courtyard backing on to the ancient Town Walls, with patio seating. Rent inclusive of electricity and gas central heating. Duvets, bed linen and towels provided. 2 Travel cots, 2 high chairs and stair gates for each level supplied. Friday changeover. 3pm takeover.
Southsea House is a short stroll from the Harbour and North Beach in the picturesque holiday resort of Tenby in Pembrokeshire, with its Blue Flag status and picturesque Harbour with busy boats ferrying people to the Monastic island of Caldey or taking out families for fishing trips, is only a 10 minute walk from the property. You can take a leisurely walk to town to a variety of pubs and restaurants which will take you 10 minutes. The Cube restaurant offers an excellent choice of food and you can also book a meal to be served in your property (ask for details). The Lifeboat & Normandie pubs both offer excellent pub grub and both are family friendly. The South Beach Grill & Bar offers fine dining with Tenby is an ideal holiday let location to visit most of the local attractions, Folly Farm and Zoo where you could meet the family of Lions, and black Rhinos. Oakwood Park and ride the biggest wooden roller coaster in Europe, Heatherton and try your hand at archery and much more, Anna's Welsh Zoo to meet the Rhinos and Tiger. You could also take a boat trip over to the Monastic Island of Caldey and spend a memorable day of your holiday exploring this delightful Island off the Tenby coast, and treat yourself to some of their delicious chocolate and perfume.
During the summer school holidays, the centre of Tenby is transformed into a 'cafe culture' centre, with no traffic allowed within the town walls. The restaurants and public houses take full advantage of this and you can relax wining and dining in the middle of Tudor Square, watching the world go by. The majority of our self catering holiday cottages are within walking distance of the town.
- 95.4 miles and takes 2hrs and 4mins approx. Tenby Train Station
- 10 minute walk to town centre or usually Taxis waiting on train arrivals. M4 Cardiff
- 89.8 miles, 1hr 44mins. Nearest Large Towns Haverfordwest
- 20.5 miles, 33mins, Large shopping Centre with most of the supermarkets, and many other High Street shops, cinema, castle. Carmarthen
- 26.6 miles, 37mins, Large Shopping Centre with most of the supermarkets, and many of the other High Street shops, cinema. Pembroke Dock
- 14.6 miles, 21mins, small shopping centre with many of the Supermarkets and a selection of High Street Shops, Ferry Terminal for Ireland. Visitor Attractions
- The local leisure attractions, Manor House, Heatherton Country Sports Park, Folly Farm and Oakwood are all within easy reach by car and in the peak weeks many have a regular bus service to and fro. There are approximately 58 beaches in Pembrokeshire and four of those are in Tenby - North Beach, Harbour Beach, Castle Beach and South Beach.