Lyndale holiday cottage is a large Edwardian house with all the modern conveniences of home. A small courtyard and decked area offers a little outside space but Lyndale is conveniently placed for both the North and South beaches with its long golden sands. Situated just a short walk from Tenby's historic town walls and local amenities, including local train station, which is approximately 150 yards from the property and offers nearby parking (at extra cost). Just 350 yards from the property is Tenby's championship golf course, offering some fantastic views over the South Beach and towards Caldey Island and still regularly hosts the Welsh Amateur Championships. Just a five minute walk will take you into the town centre through one of the many town wall arches and maze of cobbled lanes, all lined with quirky gift shops, restaurants, cafes and public houses, with the pretty harbour and choice of beautiful sandy beaches beyond. Tenby is ideally located for all of the local attractions, including Heatherton Sports Park, Oakwood Theme Park, The Dinosaur Park, Folly Farm and many more.
Sleeps 8 & Baby No Pets
Entrance. Living room, log effect electric fire, 32" flatscreen TV with Freeview and DVD player, leading to dining room with table/chairs. Kitchen, with electric double oven & hob, dishwasher, microwave, 2 fridges, 1 with freezer compartment. Separate W.C. with whb, washing machine. Snug, with 2 settees, small TV, doors leading to enclosed rear decking area with table and chairs, also a small courtyard separately. In hall stairs to first floor: Bathroom, with roll top bath, WC, whb, separate shower. 7 stairs to: Bedroom 1, master king-size bed, en suite with shower room, WC, whb. Bedroom 2, with double bed, shower, WC, whb in room. Second Floor: Bedroom 3, with king-size bed, ensuite shower, WC. Upstairs: Bedroom 4, with 2 single beds. Bedroom 5, single bed. Rent is inclusive of electricity and gas central heating. Duvets, bed linen and towels provided. Cot, high chair & buggy supplied. Non-smokers only. 4pm takeover. Friday changeover. Wifi available.
South Pembrokeshire's largest town, offers splendid Victorian and Georgian architecture set within Tudor town walls. Tenby's roots date back to the time of the Norman conquest when the county was invaded and colonised in around 1093. Much of the medieval castle walls, built by the Pembrokeshire Earls in 1264 to fortify the town from the Welsh rebellion, have survived intact to the present day. It is perched dramatically on a rocky promontory and boasts award winning Blue Flag status for the white sandy beaches. There is a picturesque harbour with busy boats ferrying people to the monastic island of Caldey or taking out families for fishing trips, lush Mediterranean-style vegetation and charming narrow streets packed with shops, galleries and restaurants. In the summer, the centre of Tenby is transformed into a 'cafe culture' centre, with no traffic allowed within the town walls. The restaurants and public houses take full advantage of this and you can relax wining and dining in the middle of Tudor Square, watching holidaymakers bustle to and fro.
- 95.4 miles and takes 2hrs and 4mins approx. Tenby Train Station
- 10 minute walk to town centre or usually Taxis waiting on train arrivals. M4 Cardiff
- 89.8 miles, 1hr 44mins. Nearest Large Towns Haverfordwest
- 20.5 miles, 33mins, Large shopping Centre with most of the supermarkets, and many other High Street shops, cinema, castle. Carmarthen
- 26.6 miles, 37mins, Large Shopping Centre with most of the supermarkets, and many of the other High Street shops, cinema. Pembroke Dock
- 14.6 miles, 21mins, small shopping centre with many of the Supermarkets and a selection of High Street Shops, Ferry Terminal for Ireland. Visitor Attractions
- The local leisure attractions, Manor House, Heatherton Country Sports Park, Folly Farm and Oakwood are all within easy reach by car and in the peak weeks many have a regular bus service to and fro. There are approximately 58 beaches in Pembrokeshire and four of those are in Tenby - North Beach, Harbour Beach, Castle Beach and South Beach.