Situated in an enviable position on The Strand in this popular seaside resort and with direct access on to the beautiful sandy beach, this well furnished 3rd floor holiday apartment has panoramic sea views across the beach, Carmarthen Bay and coastline beyond.
Sleeps 4 No Pets
External stairs to 3rd floor. Open plan lounge/dining/kitchen with TV/Freeview, DVD, electric hob, oven, fridge and microwave. Door to balcony, superb sea views. Bedroom 1 with double bed, TV, sea views. Bedroom 2 with 2 single beds. Bathroom with bath/shower over, WC, whb. Parking space. Rent inclusive of electricity and heating. Duvets and bed linen provided. Non smoking. 3pm takeover.
Saundersfoot is a small bustling village lying at the foot of a picturesque wooded valley with an attractive harbour and extensive sandy beaches. Originally a thriving industrial port, home to two shipyards and by the 1800's was caught up in the black gold rush when high quality anthracite was discovered locally. Due to the high demand of coal the harbour was built in 1829 with rail links to six mines and the port was exporting high quality anthracite by sea worldwide. Queen Victoria decreed that only coal from Saundersfoot should be used to power the first Royal Steam Yacht. Although the former industrial era has now passed Saundesfoot is a thriving tourism area, the working harbour and Saundersfoot Bay offers some of the finest sailing waters in Wales. Boat trips run regularly from the harbour for fishing and viewing the marine wildlife and coastline. The village has three beautiful sandy beaches the main beach is just off The Strand, Coppet Hall can be reached at the end of The Strand through the tunnel and Monkstone where visitors can relax or can gain access on to the 186 mile coastal path ideal for taking in the most spectacular coastline views. The village offers visitors a range of shops with locally produced arts and crafts, a good choice of restaurants, cafes and pubs all whom try to use our fantastic locally produced food.
- 92.7 miles takes 2hrs and 2 mins approx. Saundersfoot Train Station
- Not within walking distance of the centre of village. Would need to pre-arrange a taxi. M4 Cardiff
- 69.9 miles takes 1 hour 44 mins approx. Nearest Large Towns:Haverfordwest
- 17.8 miles, 31 minutes, large shopping centre with most of the supermarkets and many other High Street shops, cinema, castle. Carmarthen
- 23.9 miles, 36 minutes, large shopping centre with most of the supermarkets and many of the other High Street shops, cinema. Pembroke Dock
- 13.9 miles, 21 minutes, small shopping centre with many of the supermarkets, a selection of High Street shops, ferry terminal for Ireland. Visitor attractions
- The local leisure attractions, Manor House, Heatherton Country Sports Park, Folly Farm, and Oakwood are all within easy reach by car and in the peak weeks may have a regular bus service to and fro. Beaches - There are approximately 58 beaches in Pembrokeshire and three of those are in Saunderfoot namely Saundersfoot Beach, Coppet Hall and Monkstone.