Cartref 1 is a superb semi- detached house which is situated in an idyllic location on The Ridgeway and only a five minute walk into the heart of the popular seaside village of Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire. 1 Cartref is a large semi- detached house furnished and equipped to a very high standard and has amazing views across the village of Saundersfoot and the countryside beyond and is one of our premier coastal holiday lets. This property is pet friendly, it has a private patio with garden seating where visitors can relax and soak up the sun and an enclosed garden below offering plenty of room for a well behaved dog. This self catering property is spacious with most of the modern conveniences of home, a log burner for guests to cosy up when the weather is a little cool outside. The village has a good selection of shops, an abundance of restaurants, such as The Mulberry, and The Mermaid both offering a varied menu or pub grub in The Oak, Chemist Inn Harbour and public car parks all within easy walking distance. Further along The Strand a walk through the tunnels leads to the seaside resorts of Wisemans Bridge and Amroth. There are plenty of leisure attractions in the area Folly Farm, Oakwood, Heatherton, Ritec Valley Quads, Anna's Welsh Zoo and The Dinosaur Park, plus 2 golf courses and for walking the 186 mile Pembrokeshire coastal path, making it an ideal location for a holiday in Wales.
Holiday Cottage Details
Sleeps 8 One well behaved Dog
Hallway. Kitchen, table & seating, arga style range duel fuel, Welsh dresser, fridge/freezer, washing machine, microwave. Bathroom, with bath/shower over, WC, whb. Lounge/Diner, large comfy seating, dining table/chairs, feature stone fireplace with log burner, patio doors leading to decking, garden, views over Saundersfoot. Snug, with comfy seating, large TV, DVD, Xbox and games. Upstairs: Bedroom 1, double bed, wardrobe, ensuite with shower, WC, whb. Bedroom 2, 2 single beds, wardrobe, drawers. Bedroom 3, king-size bed, fireplace with electric fire, wardrobe. Bedroom 4, truckle bed, wardrobe. Cot & high chair supplied. Parking for 2 cars. Rent inclusive of electricity and gas central heating. Duvets, bed linen provided. Wi-Fi. Non-smoking. 4pm takeover. COUPLES AND FAMILY PARTIES ONLY. Towel Hire Available.
Perfect Pembrokeshire Holiday Accommodation. Ideal for Self Catering Holidays in Pembrokeshire.
Out and About In Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire
1 Cartref is a 5 minute walk from the centre of Saundersfoot which is a busy village lying at the foot of a picturesque wooded valley with an attractive harbour and extensive sandy beaches. Originally a thriving industrial port, home to two shipyards and by the 1800's was caught up in the black gold rush when high quality anthracite was discovered locally. Although the former industrial era has now passed Saundesfoot is a thriving tourism area, the working harbour is now having a huge amount of money spent to develope it into a modern thriving marina, with a pontoon, etc., but also keeping the history of the bay alive. Boat trips run regularly from the harbour for fishing and viewing the marine wildlife and coastline or to visit some of the Islands. The village has three beautiful sandy beaches the main beach is just off The Strand, Coppet Hall can be reached at the end of The Strand through the tunnel and Monkstone where visitors can relax or can gain access on to the 186 mile coastal path ideal for taking in the most spectacular coastline views. The village offers visitors a range of shops with locally produced arts and crafts, a good choice of restaurants, cafes and pubs all of whom try to use our fantastic locally produced food. Restaurants like the Mulberry or Mermaid in the town offer a fine selection of food, or for fine dining why not try the St Brides Hotel and Spa on the hill. Pubs like The Chemist Inn and The Oak offer excellent pub food. The Lounge on the Strand offers an excellent choice of coffee and snacks.
- 92.7 miles approx. Saundersfoot Train Station- Not within walking distance of the centre of village. Would need to pre-arrange a taxi. M4 Cardiff
- 69.9 miles takes approx. Nearest Large Towns: Haverfordwest
- 17.8 miles, large shopping centre with most of the supermarkets and many other High Street shops, cinema, castle. Carmarthen
- 23.9 miles, large shopping centre with most of the supermarkets and many of the other High Street shops, cinema. Tenby
- 10.9 miles, Visitor attractions
- The local leisure attractions, Anna's Welsh Zoo with Rhinos, Tigers, Heatherton Country Sports Park, with much to do including golf, Treetops, archery. Folly Farm & Zoo with Lions, Flamingos, Penguins and Rhinos arriving soon, and Oakwood with rollercoasters, bobsleigh and many more fun rides, are all within easy reach by car and in the peak weeks may have a regular bus service to and fro. Beaches
- There are many beautiful beaches in Pembrokeshire and three of those are in Saunderfoot namely Saundersfoot Beach, Coppet Hall and Monkstone.