Booking Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Booking
The hiring Contract is made between the person making the booking (the ‘Hirer’) and the holiday home Owner (the ‘Owner’) of the Holiday Property for which the booking is made (the ‘Property’), and incorporates the conditions set out below. FBM Holidays acts as the letting agent (the ‘Agent’) on behalf of the Owner, and acts as stakeholder for deposits.
1. Bookings The Hirer must be over 18 years of age and be a member of the party occupying the Property. The names of all those who will be occupying the property during the period of booking must be specified on the Booking Form. The Hirer certifies that he/she is authorised to agree to the terms and conditions on behalf of all persons in the party, including any who may be substituted or added at a later date. The Hirer agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property.
2. Payment A 30% deposit (minimum £60) is required at the time of booking (for Priority Bookings see condition No.3 below) and must be accompanied by a completed booking form. Once the Agent has accepted the booking the Hirer is liable for payment of the balance of rent, which must be paid 8 clear weeks before the holiday commencement date. Upon receipt of the balance, the Agent will issue a confirmation with travel directions and key collection details.
In the event of payment of the balance not being received 8 weeks prior to the holiday commencement date, the Agent reserves the right to cancel the holiday and all deposits previously paid shall be forfeited.
(i) Reservations made at eight weeks or less before the holiday commencement date shall be paid in full at the time of booking.
(ii) Payments can be made by cheque (made payable to FBM Holidays) or by debit card (no fee applicable) or credit card (2% fee applicable)
(iii) Overseas Hirers may pay in Sterling by cheque drawn on a UK bank, debit/credit card or by international electronic transfer. Any charges for payments from overseas will be payable by the Hirer.
3. Security Bond A refundable security bond may be required on some properties. This will be stated at the time of booking and is to be paid no later than 8 weeks before the booking commences. Reservations made at eight weeks or less before the holiday commencement date will require the bond to be paid in full at the time of booking. If paid by credit card then a non-refundable 2% fee will be applied. If the property has been left in accordance with our terms & conditions of hire, this will be returned in full as soon as we have confirmation from the housekeeper/owner that everything is in order. See also 12. Damage/Breakages
4. Priority Bookings (available on weekly bookings only) The Agent will make every reasonable effort to enable Existing Hirers to re-book the same property for the equivalent calendar week/s in the following year. This may not be possible, for example, if school holiday dates fall at different times. The Agent shall, in such circumstances, attempt to offer a suitable alternative. Priority bookings must be made within 6 days of arrival at the property and a full deposit will be required (see Condition No. 2 above).
5. Tenure Weekly bookings normally commence on a Friday or Saturday, unless otherwise stated. The holiday term usually commences at 3pm, unless otherwise stated. Changeover days and takeover times are clearly stated for each property. The holiday term terminates at 10am on the day of departure.
6. Occupancy Unless expressly agreed in advance by the Agent, no group bookings (four or more adult party members) are accepted where all party members are under 25 years of age. No group bookings are accepted where all members are of the same sex, unless the group consists of members of the same family across a number of generations. The Owner and the Agent reserve the right to refuse access to the property without compensation where no agreement has been given in advance. The Hirer’s right to occupy the property may be forfeited without compensation, or an additional charge levied, if:
(a) more people or guests than those specified on the Booking Form and/or the number the Property accommodates, attempt to take up occupation.
(b) Overnight guests are entertained without the Owner’s express permission.
(c) Any activity is undertaken which may cause damage, noise or disturbance.
(d) Any party member is found smoking in a non-smoking property.
(e) The Agent reserves the right to decline bookings from large single sex parties e.g. Hen & Stag parties.
7. Availability The booking is made on the understanding that the Property will be placed at the Hirer’s disposal on the date stated. If this should not be possible through circumstances beyond the control of the Owner or the Agent (e.g. Fire, Theft, Damage, Death or Illness) then every effort will be made provide alternative accommodation. If this is not possible, the Hirer’s deposit and any rent will be returned in full, and the Hirer will have no further claim against the Owner or the Agent.
8. Linen & Towels Bed linen is provided in all properties. Cot linen is not provided. Towels are provided or available to hire in 4 star and 5 star properties. Towels are not provided in 3 star properties unless otherwise stated. Towel hire is available for some properties and this will be clearly stated in the property description.
9. Cleaning All properties are professionally cleaned prior to arrival. By accepting these Terms & Conditions the Hirer agrees to keep the property and its contents in the same condition and repair as found on arrival and shall ensure that all members of the party shall also take care of the property and its contents. The Hirer must ensure the property is left in a clean and tidy condition upon departure and all rubbish is disposed of when vacating the property. The Agent or the Owner may charge the Hirer for the reasonable costs of any additional cleaning if this is necessary.
10. Pets It is clearly indicated in the particulars of each property whether or not dogs are allowed and this must be strictly adhered to. Owners reserve the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund in the case of a breach of this condition. For pets other than dogs, the Owner’s permission must be sought before making the booking.
11. Complaints Problems must be reported within 24 hours of occupation of the Property, or immediately upon a fault arising or being found; and be confirmed in writing to the Agent. Complaints received after departure cannot be entertained as it will then be impossible for the problem to be effectively investigated and corrected. No rebates will be paid by the Agent or the Owner for mechanical or electrical failure of any kind. Every effort shall be made to effect immediate repair or rectification. The Agent, the Owner or a nominated tradesperson, has the right to enter the property (without prior notice if necessary) in order to carry out such repairs or to attend to any matters giving rise to emergencies or concern. The action taken by the Agent or Owner in respect of complaints is entirely at their discretion, and their decision is final.
12. Damage/Breakages All damages and breakages are the responsibility of the Hirer, and should be notified to the Agent or Owner as soon as possible before the end of the holiday. The cost of damage or breakages shall be payable on demand, although minor damage or breakages will not normally be charged for. In circumstances where any extra cleaning, remedial work or breakage replacement is required beyond that which may reasonably be expected, the Owner or the Agent reserves the right to charge the Hirer the additional costs incurred. The Owner and the Agent reserve the right to terminate the occupancy at any time should the Hirer or any member of the party be found to be causing excessive damage to the Property or contents, and no refund of any remaining portion of the rent shall be made.
13. Liability in the absence of any negligence or any other breach of duty by the Agent or the Owner, neither the Agent nor the Owner shall be held responsible for any accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by the Hirer or members of the party or visitors, howsoever caused.
14. Allergies Claims cannot be entertained in respect of any complaint arising as a result of any allergy which a party member may suffer from, unless written confirmation is obtained prior to the booking, confirming the Property is free from the specific cause of the allergy.
15. Property Description Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the property information provided and whilst the representations contained in advertising material are made in good faith, neither these nor any oral representation made by employees or representatives of the Agent, will create a liability on the Agent or the Owner, nor do they form any part of this agreement.
In the interests of continued improvement the Owners reserve the right to alter amenities or facilities, whether advertised or previously available, without prior notice.
16. VAT Occasionally, VAT may be applicable, in which case the rents quoted include VAT.
17. Access The Owner or an owner approved agent shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during the holiday term to deal with complaints, repairs etc. and to verify that the property is being used in accordance with the terms and conditions herein.
18. Personal Data As a condition of booking, the Hirer agrees and acknowledges that any personal data provided, whether on the booking form or otherwise, may be forwarded to the Owner, if requested.
Holiday Cancellation and Curtailment
19. Cancellation If, after you have booked and paid for your holiday, you find that you cannot take it for the reasons that are set out below:
a) Death, illness or injury of the Hirer or any other member of his party as listed on the Booking Form or close *relative (see definitions below).
This does not include:
a) Pre-existing medical conditions - any ongoing condition which has or will require medical treatment including consultation or advice within the last 12 months.
b) Travelling or acting against medical advice.
c) Awaiting results of tests or medical investigations.
d) Being on a hospital waiting list for treatment.
e) Having received a terminal prognosis.
f) Pregnancy or giving birth when the expected date of birth is within two months of the holiday start date.
g) Posting away / abroad.
*Spouse, partner, child, parent, parent in law, brother, sister or fiancé(e).
We will normally, but at our absolute discretion, refund up to the holiday rental you are liable to pay. The decision of FBM Holidays will be final in all cases.
If you do need to cancel your holiday please telephone FBM Holidays immediately and follow up by writing within 48 hours. Your requested will need to be supported, in due course, by a doctor's certificate (at the expense of the Hirer) or a death certificate, as appropriate. We are unable to entertain any request to cancel a holiday which is received after the holiday start date.
In all other cases
We would endeavour to re-let the booking and if successful would normally consider a goodwill refund. At the discretion of the agent it may be necessary to discount the price of the holiday to secure a booking. In either event, a refund equal to the amount of rent achieved, less an administration fee of £50, will be made to the Hirer.
Prices shown on our website are accurate, although may be affected by additional surcharges, not shown during the point of booking, but which are expressly referred to on the property or other pages on our website where policy may intervene. These may include, but not be limited to:
a) Surcharges for dogs or pets, either singular or where applicable, additional to those allowed within the pricing bracket
b) Security deposits, which may not show as part of the overall holiday price until the point of booking. This is dependent on the property and does not affect all holiday homes, cottages or apartments on our system.
c) Reduced occupancy for smaller parties. Where mentioned, reduced occupancy can be applied to a booking where the owner agrees to a reduction in price for smaller parties, in return in some cases for reduced access to some rooms in the property.*
*Reduced occupancy can only be obtained by calling to book prior to initial confirmation of your party and preferred dates of arrival. As reduced occupancy cannot be obtained by booking online, it is the responsibility of the main booking contact or person who submits the booking to FBM Holidays to check and ensure the price for their holiday before any and all booking confirmation/s.
Reduced occupancy cannot be applied after a booking has been made online or through a third-party affiliate, as any refund against this booking will count as a cancellation of the original booking, whereby the party is subject to the normal cancellation policy, as read above. FBM Holidays cannot be held responsible for the failure to mention reduced occupancy rates on any third-party, voucher code, cashback or affiliate sites prior to booking, including but again not limited to Snaptrip, Love Cottages, Vouchercodes.co.uk, Topcashback.co.uk and any other affiliate site whereby a booking is initiated either exclusively through that party or prior to checkout via the FBM Holidays website.