Tips to ensure your pooch has a great time too!
To make your pet friendly holiday home a great experience for visiting guests and their dogs, you may want to consider provided some or all of the items listed below:
• Information or a booklet on dog friendly beaches in the area and a list of good dog walks locally, both long walks and short walks.
• A list of local places to eat where pets are welcome. Most cafes and restaurants are now happy to welcome pets, but if you have any favourites then your guests would welcome the recommendations.
• A suggestion of where the visiting dog should sleep e.g. utility room or kitchen, and perhaps a list of rules e.g. where dogs are and are not permitted within the property i.e. on the beds and on furniture, in bedrooms etc. Whilst the rules for pets are listed in the booking conditions, a reminder displayed in the property is always helpful.
• Air fresheners to help keep your holiday home always smelling fresh.
• Perhaps you may want to consider a pet remedy plug-in diffuser to calm and de-stress visiting pets and help them settle in to your holiday home.
• You may want to provide some bags for dog waste, although visitors will provide their own, some spares in case of emergencies are always useful.
• A stair gate may be useful if you do not want pets to go upstairs.