Pembrokeshire is a perfect location to enjoy a picnic – we have Blue Flag award winning beaches, the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park and a host of country locations ideal for picnics in peaceful surroundings.
Here’s a few suggestions of places you may like to try for a perfect picnic:
- Barafundle Bay – this beautiful, secluded little beach appears in the top must see lists worldwide. The golden sands and clear waters make it a little bit of paradise here in Pembrokeshire.
- Broadhaven South – with ample picnic benches just off the car park area, this is a great location to enjoy a picnic before or after your walk along the waterside of the spectacular lily ponds.
- Carew Castle – with a convenient car park and picnic tables overlooking the Castle, this is a perfect location to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Manorbier Beach – with the car park conveniently located close to the beach, there is no need to haul your picnic too far to enjoy a perfect beach picnic on this pretty sandy cove in the hear of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
- Llys Y Fran Country Park & Reservoir – nestled in picturesque countryside with views of the Preseli Hills, this is a perfect location for a picnic. Enjoy cycling, walking, fishing and water activities at this country park set on 350 acres.
- Lawrenny Quay – located on the Cleddau estuary, the grassy banks along the river, or the small pebble beach, make the perfect spot for a picnic on a fine day, with views of the estuary and boats bobbing on the water. Good woodland walks too.
- Gwaun Valley – located in north Pembrokeshire between Fishguard Lower Town and the Preseli Mountains, this picturesque wooded valley is perfect for an outdoors picnic in serene countryside.
- Castle Hill, Tenby – the grassy banks surrounding the remains of the 13th century castle makes a perfect picnic spot with fantastic views overlooking the harbour, beach and Caldey Island in the distance.
International Picnic Day is on 18th June 2017 – so celebrate with a picnic in the great Pembrokeshire outdoors.